Work with us
We're hiring! Our business started as a side hustle five years ago and has grown significantly over the past year, so we’re now looking for the right team members to grow with us.
A position has been created for a casual warehouse assistant to join our small team at our warehouse in Brendale and will be 2-3 days a week to start, with potential for more hours in future. Please note that this is a hands-on job that can be physically demanding ~ you’ll be on your feet most of the time and some heavy lifting of boxes may be required.
The successful applicant will be involved in various aspects of the product preparation and finishing process as well as picking and packing orders for wholesale and online. An absolutely essential skill required is the ability to work quickly and accurately with a high attention to detail, maintaining our excellent quality standards.
Previous experience is desirable but not required as we will provide full training. The right attitude and fit for our small team will be highly regarded. Whilst also not necessary, a love for candles is definitely a bonus!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Product preparation and finishing - inserting wicks, cleaning, labelling, boxing with high attention to detail
- Assist with other production tasks where required
- Pick orders with accuracy
- Pack orders efficiently with care so they arrive safely
- Book orders for shipping and print shipping labels
- Help to monitor stock levels and communicate stock requirements to management
- Ensure packing/production areas are organised and clean at all times
- Other tasks as directed
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Shows initiative and ability to problem solve
- Fast worker
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately
- Order packing - ability to pack large orders safely, neatly and efficiently
- Computer literate - ability to use computer software to book parcels and organise courier pickup, ensuring the most economical option
- Friendly and positive, can do attitude
- Self motivated to comply with quality control
- Able to follow directions and work well in a team as well as alone
- You will need to be able to work with fragrances and essential oils, (ie no smell sensitivities) as you will be exposed to these daily.
How to apply:
If this role sounds like it’s perfect for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume and a little more about yourself, including why you are interested in this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, we are happy to discuss or provide further information - please send us an email to email@example.com.